'tis the season to GIVE
From November 30th through January 1st, POP is running a campaign with the aim of raising $30,000 from the local community to pay for the buildout of Sandpoint's newest Trail Center, VTT. A local donor has already committed $10,000 to the project; with enough community support will will fulfill our vision for a world class mountain bike center, offering over 6 miles of progressive trails for riders of all ages and abilities a place to build and develop their skills and endurance and pursue their two-wheeled dreams, by 2023!
Learn more about our campaign and the vision for VTT here:
Check out our selection of awesome merchandise for sale at Outdoor Experience on First Ave in Sandpoint! We've got four styles of t-shirts, tank tops, 5-panel hats, trucker hats, buffs, four styles of socks, stickers, and pint glasses to choose from! All proceeds go back to supporting trails and bicycle advocacy in Sandpoint! You can pay for your items online and pick up in person! MERCH SHOP - CLICK HERE!
Our monthly club meetings are underway! Join us the first Wednesday of each month at Matchwood Brewing from 5:30 to 7:00 pm for a conversation about projects, programs, and activities in the world of trails and cycling over beers.
Group road and MTB rides
With the trails dried out and the roads of Selle Valley freshly graded, POP group rides have resumed for the season! Every Tuesday a POP-led mountain bike ride will depart at 5:30 from a trailhead announced via our newsletter and social media, heading into Syringa for a 7-8 mile no-drop ride.
Road rides are back, departing every other Wednesday at 5:30 pm from the city parking lot beside Matchwood Brewing. Be sure to check the calendare to see which weeks road rides are scheduled.
Solar Ecstasy - the birth of a trail
While it was a busy trail building season at all elevations around Sandpoint, our most ambitious project of 2020 was definitely the completion of our newest high alpine trail connecting High Point Trail and Uleda Ridge on the Watershed Crest. To learn more about how this project came to be, click below.
Who we are
The Pend Oreille Pedalers was established in 2004 as a bicycle club and in 2008 incorporated as a non-profit 501c3. Our vision is to build an interconnected system of bike trails for riders of varying ability levels for the benefit of Sandpoint and surrounding areas.
- Maintain & Protect existing mountain bike trails & cycling routes
- Expand opportunities for mountain biking & cycling
- Advocate for the interests of mountain bikers with land managers
- Build & Ride trails with others who share a passion for riding bikes
How you can help
Our ability to fulfill our mission and work towards our vision depends on community support. There are many ways you can help:
- Join or donate: Building and maintaining great trails costs money. Your annually renewed membership and one time donations are essential to our success.
- Volunteer: We have a staff of one part-time director, which means nearly all our labor is volunteer. Trail maintenance takes place year round, on dirt and snow. Check out our calendar for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Get involved: We depend on a volunteer board of directors and active club members, with monthly club meetings from March through November, and weekly group rides from spring through fall.
- Sponsor: If you're a local business who sees value in trails and recreation, consider becoming a corporate member. More information coming soon.