2021 Youth MTB Clinics & Camps
Back by popular demand, POP si hosting clinics and camps for local youth in spring and summer of 2021. Starting May 5th, after school clinics will run for six weeks for girls (Wedesdays) and boys (Thursdays) ages 7-12 from 2-3:30 pm in Pine Street Woods and VTT. 5-day summer camps will run the weeks of July 12th and 19th, offering 32 kids each week instruction and fun on area trails.
Wilderness First Aid course - April 17-18
POP is sponsoring a Wilderness First Aid & CPR course for 2021 members! Tuition sill be subsidized by the club to encourage safe trail maintenance and recreational activities in our community. Spots are limited so register today!
2021 Memberships - time to renew or join!
With Christmas and the New Year just around the corner, it's a great time to renew your membership for 2021! This year we've got a couple of new membership level options that include some of our new merchandise! And to make things easier, you can claim your schwag anytime that's convenient by showing proof of your membership renewal to staff at Outdoor Experience (314 First Avenue)! There you can also buy any of our merchandise, including stickers, pint glasses, socks, hats, and t-shirts!
Solar Ecstasy - the birth of a trail
While it was a busy trail building season at all elevations around Sandpoint, our most ambitious project of 2020 was definitely the completion of our newest high alpine trail connecting High Point Trail and Uleda Ridge on the Watershed Crest. To learn more about how this project came to be, click below.
Trail Work Parties
After 35 trail work parties in 2020, our trail work season has come to and end! In winter months we have a small crew of volunteers who take turns grooming our trails in Pine Street Woods and VTT for winter fat biking. Check our grooming page for the latest trail reports!
Check our Facebook page each Tuesday for the status of the Tuesday group ride. Winter rides depart from the Greta's Segway trailhead on West Pine Street at 5 pm, with lights required. Once there's snow on the ground, fat bikes will be required!
COVID 19 UPDATE FROM the Pedalers
It's been a banner year for trail usage around Sandpoint, with many people cancelling travel plans and looking for adventure closer to home! POP has stepped up to meet the trail development and maintenance demands of our community in these challenging times. Click here to learn how to use trails safely during a pandemic!
Who we are
The Pend Oreille Pedalers was established in 2004 as a bicycle club and in 2008 incorporated as a non-profit 501c3. Our vision is to build an interconnected system of bike trails for riders of varying ability levels for the benefit of Sandpoint and surrounding areas.
- Maintain & Protect existing mountain bike trails & cycling routes
- Expand opportunities for mountain biking & cycling
- Advocate for the interests of mountain bikers with land managers
- Build & Ride trails with others who share a passion for riding bikes
How you can help
Our ability to fulfill our mission and work towards our vision depends on community support. There are many ways you can help:
- Join or donate: Building and maintaining great trails costs money. Your annually renewed membership and one time donations are essential to our success.
- Volunteer: We have a staff of one part-time director, which means nearly all our labor is volunteer. Trail maintenance takes place year round, on dirt and snow. Check out our calendar for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Get involved: We depend on a volunteer board of directors and active club members, with monthly club meetings from March through November, and weekly group rides from spring through fall.
- Sponsor: If you're a local business who sees value in trails and recreation, consider becoming a corporate member. More information coming soon.