Trail user survey
POP is surveying the trail user community. Do you mountain bike, hike, trail run, walk your dog, or just walk with friends on trails in Bonner County? If so, we want to hear from you! Click here to complete the survey! Your response will help our organization better meet the needs of our community!
Our monthly club meetings are underway! Join us the first Wednesday of each month at Matchwood Brewing from 5:30 to 7:00 pm for a conversation about projects, programs, and activities in the world of trails and cycling over beers.
Weekend trail work parties
Between May and October POP hosts one Saturday trail work party each month. Volunteer days like this are an essential part of our mission, and in fact are a requirement for some of the grants we receive to fund trail projects! Come join us at one or all of the following weekend outings! Each one will be sponsored by a local bike shop, who will provide food and beverages for volunteers after our time on the trails!
Group road and MTB rides
With the trails dried out and the roads of Selle Valley freshly graded, POP group rides have resumed for the season! Every Tuesday a POP-led mountain bike ride will depart at 5:30 from a trailhead announced via our newsletter and social media, heading into Syringa for a 7-8 mile no-drop ride.
Road rides are back, departing every other Wednesday at 5:30 pm from the city parking lot beside Matchwood Brewing. Be sure to check the calendare to see which weeks road rides are scheduled.
Thursday night trail work parties
Join us every Thursday at 5:30 pm for a couple of hours of trail work in support of POP's 2021 new trail projects. In the spring and early summer (through July 1st), Thursday trail work parties will take place in Pine Street Woods and VTT. Starting July 8th they will move to the Lower Basin, and in mid-September they'll move back to PSW and VTT. Keep an eye on our calendar for updates about where each trail work party will meet. Learn more about our 2021 trail projects below!
2021 Memberships - time to renew or join!
With Christmas and the New Year just around the corner, it's a great time to renew your membership for 2021! This year we've got a couple of new membership level options that include some of our new merchandise! And to make things easier, you can claim your schwag anytime that's convenient by showing proof of your membership renewal to staff at Outdoor Experience (314 First Avenue)! There you can also buy any of our merchandise, including stickers, pint glasses, socks, hats, and t-shirts!
Solar Ecstasy - the birth of a trail
While it was a busy trail building season at all elevations around Sandpoint, our most ambitious project of 2020 was definitely the completion of our newest high alpine trail connecting High Point Trail and Uleda Ridge on the Watershed Crest. To learn more about how this project came to be, click below.
Who we are
The Pend Oreille Pedalers was established in 2004 as a bicycle club and in 2008 incorporated as a non-profit 501c3. Our vision is to build an interconnected system of bike trails for riders of varying ability levels for the benefit of Sandpoint and surrounding areas.
- Maintain & Protect existing mountain bike trails & cycling routes
- Expand opportunities for mountain biking & cycling
- Advocate for the interests of mountain bikers with land managers
- Build & Ride trails with others who share a passion for riding bikes
How you can help
Our ability to fulfill our mission and work towards our vision depends on community support. There are many ways you can help:
- Join or donate: Building and maintaining great trails costs money. Your annually renewed membership and one time donations are essential to our success.
- Volunteer: We have a staff of one part-time director, which means nearly all our labor is volunteer. Trail maintenance takes place year round, on dirt and snow. Check out our calendar for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Get involved: We depend on a volunteer board of directors and active club members, with monthly club meetings from March through November, and weekly group rides from spring through fall.
- Sponsor: If you're a local business who sees value in trails and recreation, consider becoming a corporate member. More information coming soon.