Trail Work Parties
Join POP volunteers every Thursday starting May 21st at 5:30 pm in Pine Street Woods Parking lot to help build out our town trails.
Join fellow riders for Tuesday MTB and Thursday road rides. 5:30 pm on Tuesdays at the Greta's Segway trailhead on Tuesday (5-7 miles, moderate pace) or 5:30 pm on Thursdays at the city parking lot behind Matchwood Brewing for a 15-20 mile no-drop road ride.
Youth MTB Camps
POP is offering youth summer mountain bike camps for the first time this year! 24 riders will join three coaches and three "junior" coaches over two weeks: July 27-31 is our "intermediate" camp, August 3-7 is our "advanced camp." Registration opens at 5 pm on May 22nd. You must be a current member to register, so renew today, then set yourself a reminder to register for camp on Friday the 22nd!
COVID 19 UPDATE FROM the Pedalers
With a "stay-at-home" order in effect for the state of Idaho, we are seeing increased use on our local trail networks. Click here to learn more about how to keep yourself and your community safe while enjoying the outdoors during these challenging times
Who we are
The Pend Oreille Pedalers was established in 2004 as a bicycle club and in 2008 incorporated as a non-profit 501c3. Our vision is to build an interconnected system of bike trails for riders of varying ability levels for the benefit of Sandpoint and surrounding areas.
- Maintain & Protect existing mountain bike trails & cycling routes
- Expand opportunities for mountain biking & cycling
- Advocate for the interests of mountain bikers with land managers
- Build & Ride trails with others who share a passion for riding bikes
How you can help
Our ability to fulfill our mission and work towards our vision depends on community support. There are many ways you can help:
- Join or donate: Building and maintaining great trails costs money. Your annually renewed membership and one time donations are essential to our success.
- Volunteer: We have a staff of one part-time director, which means nearly all our labor is volunteer. Trail maintenance takes place year round, on dirt and snow. Check out our calendar for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Get involved: We depend on a volunteer board of directors and active club members, with monthly club meetings from March through November, and weekly group rides from spring through fall.
- Sponsor: If you're a local business who sees value in trails and recreation, consider becoming a corporate member. More information coming soon.