Basin to crest
Starting September 8th our newest trail, Solar Ecstasy, will be officially open! If you're up for a fall challenge, head to switchback 2 on Schweitzer mountain road and ride all the way to our benches at Uleda Point! Any club members who completes this ride before our end of the year party on October 18th will receives a limited edition Basin to Crest mud guard! Click here for details on the route! Check our calendar for more information about the end of year party and other events going on this fall.
Group mountain bike rides are happening every Tuesday, meeting at 5:30 pm at the Dish at Dover Bay. POP board member Steve Sanchez and will lead the group on a 5-7 mile XC ride followed by tacos and drinks at the Dish. Check POP's Facebook each Tuesday for updates.
COVID 19 UPDATE FROM the Pedalers
With a "stay-at-home" order in effect for the state of Idaho, we are seeing increased use on our local trail networks. Click here to learn more about how to keep yourself and your community safe while enjoying the outdoors during these challenging times
Who we are
The Pend Oreille Pedalers was established in 2004 as a bicycle club and in 2008 incorporated as a non-profit 501c3. Our vision is to build an interconnected system of bike trails for riders of varying ability levels for the benefit of Sandpoint and surrounding areas.
- Maintain & Protect existing mountain bike trails & cycling routes
- Expand opportunities for mountain biking & cycling
- Advocate for the interests of mountain bikers with land managers
- Build & Ride trails with others who share a passion for riding bikes
How you can help
Our ability to fulfill our mission and work towards our vision depends on community support. There are many ways you can help:
- Join or donate: Building and maintaining great trails costs money. Your annually renewed membership and one time donations are essential to our success.
- Volunteer: We have a staff of one part-time director, which means nearly all our labor is volunteer. Trail maintenance takes place year round, on dirt and snow. Check out our calendar for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Get involved: We depend on a volunteer board of directors and active club members, with monthly club meetings from March through November, and weekly group rides from spring through fall.
- Sponsor: If you're a local business who sees value in trails and recreation, consider becoming a corporate member. More information coming soon.