Gearing up for winter!
POP and Collaborative Trails have been preparing corridor and building trail at a frenetic pace over the last couple of weeks to be ready for winter. For 2020/2021 the Pedalers will be grooming an expansive network of narrow trails in Pine Street Woods, encompassing four loops totaling almost 5 miles. Check out our trail map page for more information!
Group mountain bike rides are happening every Tuesday, meeting at 5:00 pm at the Greta's Segway trailhead. POP board member Steve Sanchez and will lead the group on a 5-7 mile XC ride. Lights are mandatory for the rest of the season! Check POP's Facebook each Tuesday for updates.
COVID 19 UPDATE FROM the Pedalers
With a "stay-at-home" order in effect for the state of Idaho, we are seeing increased use on our local trail networks. Click here to learn more about how to keep yourself and your community safe while enjoying the outdoors during these challenging times
Who we are
The Pend Oreille Pedalers was established in 2004 as a bicycle club and in 2008 incorporated as a non-profit 501c3. Our vision is to build an interconnected system of bike trails for riders of varying ability levels for the benefit of Sandpoint and surrounding areas.
- Maintain & Protect existing mountain bike trails & cycling routes
- Expand opportunities for mountain biking & cycling
- Advocate for the interests of mountain bikers with land managers
- Build & Ride trails with others who share a passion for riding bikes
How you can help
Our ability to fulfill our mission and work towards our vision depends on community support. There are many ways you can help:
- Join or donate: Building and maintaining great trails costs money. Your annually renewed membership and one time donations are essential to our success.
- Volunteer: We have a staff of one part-time director, which means nearly all our labor is volunteer. Trail maintenance takes place year round, on dirt and snow. Check out our calendar for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
- Get involved: We depend on a volunteer board of directors and active club members, with monthly club meetings from March through November, and weekly group rides from spring through fall.
- Sponsor: If you're a local business who sees value in trails and recreation, consider becoming a corporate member. More information coming soon.